Sunday 17 September 2017

Happily Stitching & Sewing, Plus FNSI

It's been a beautiful week here in my part of the world... breeze, some sunshine, chores getting done & some sewing too...
plus a sad bonus, in that a whale carcass washed up on a beach right near my house😢

On Wednesday, I blocked out a few hours & went out into the sewing room... it was great to sort out a basket of 'stuff' that had been annoying me, & after that, to sew another block for my Patchwork Group Friendship Quilt.
I'd found the image on Pinterest, but wasn't able to locate instructions... not that it was very hard to work out... then got on with the cutting & sewing.
Happily, it worked out just as I'd hoped... & bang-on the 12½"square, woo hoo!
 
I'm not in a hurry to make the final two blocks & am yet to even decide what they will be.
*~~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~~~~*
 Having made the decision to join in with the ladies over at No-Fuss StitchAlong, I took my fabrics & book to patchwork on Friday, & got on with tracing up some designs.
 Got my little kit ready for this project!
 I'm going to work backwards through the designs, just for something different.
Got a good lot drawn up, & some stitching happened on Friday evening for FNSI.
Here's #35:
I'm really quite in love with my thread... it's a DMC Coloris thread, which variegates beautifully.
Thanks Wendy for hosting us again for FNSI!
*~~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~~~~*

I apologise if my pics are a bit dull or dodgy... the new computer makes our existing screen look so different, & I simply can't tell the quality of my photos, ggrrr... still getting used to it!
 
Don't forget to link up your Christmas makes with CTTY... the linky will be open from early Monday morning for a few days... I'd love to see what you're all making...

Thanks for popping by & have a wonderful week ahead.

13 comments:

Susie H said...

Love that Friendship Heart block! It's really a neat design. Sorry about the whale carcass though. That would be very rough for me to see as well.

Kate said...

Anthea, well done with the patchwork heart - it looks terrific. I love that colouris thread that you're using and the designs are lovely - should be a pleasure to stitch.

gracie said...

Your embroidery is so perfect and beautiful color. You did a great job with the heart also.

Maria said...

What an interesting block...
Nice stitching too!

Susan said...

Love the heart block - I need to make a block or 2 with a white background - might give that a try - thanks for sharing!!!
and as I said - love the thread.

Fiona said...

that block is so good - and perfect points of course! Poor whale ...

Lovely thread for the first of your blocks... trust you to go backwards! haha

Hugz

Anonymous said...

Hi Anthea love your heart block and also your Ruth's quilt block,loving the colour thread you are using,beautiful work xx

Janet said...

I love your heart block - so pretty with all the dots and swirls. So very sad about the whale.

Stitching Noni said...

Love that heart block - very pretty!
Oh how sad and revolting at the same time to have the whale carcass wash up near you.... :o(
Hugs x

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Wow you have been so busy ....love your thread❤️

Jo said...

I love the colour of your thread.

Brigitte said...

Oh great, another new block for the friendship quilt. And the thread colours that you were using on the stitchery piece are just awesome.I haven't seen these DMC colors threads in person but one day I will order them.

Lin said...

Nice heart block Anthea. And that variegated thread is looking gorgeous. xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...